Saturday, March 24, 2012

About Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException error

Hello everybody,

My ajax powered web site throws an error when pressing a button or linkbutton inside an UpdatePanel.

I've searched for a solution. All of the blogposts, solutions etc is about the "common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled." suggestion written in the error text itself.

But in my scenario, only IE6 (and may be below) users see this error. I am using IE7, and my site works like a charm. (all my friends using IE7 doesn't have problems with the site)

I've searched my code for response.write stuff but there isn't any. I've removed some custom controls (msn like popup win, flash container controls etc.) but it's the same with IE6 users. The error is :

--------
Microsoft Internet Explorer
--------
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.

Details: Error parsing near 'eTitle||Favorilerim|

0

'.
--------
Tamam (OK)
--------

Anybody have suggestions?

Hi bsarica,

Maybe this article is useful for you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q312496

Regards,


I forgot to mention smthng.

It is not working on firefox too.


Any other suggestions? :(


I had a very similar error when I encountered code where the asynchronous call back was making a call to Server.Transfer(). I'm not sure whether or not this helps you or not, but doing a Server.Redirect() fixed the problem for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment