Monday, March 26, 2012

Access not running webservice methods with only wsdl file

Hello!

I'm new to web services. I'm using Visual Studio 2005, I'm developing a web app (c#). This application will use a java web service (hosted by tomcat) on the local machine. This webservice need some config to run, but on my developer machine i cannot make this configs.
My question: I cannot run the webservice, so I cannot add it to my "Web references", so I cannot insert the function calls into my code. BUT I have a wsdl file. So, is there any way to add a web reference to my code with this wsdl? (It will not work, but i can build my project)

Many thx

Hi,

Thank you for you post!

Here:

#Web Services Integrationhttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa478995.aspx

<quote>

In order to add a Web Reference to a .NET Framework-based Web service client, the target Web service must have a WSDL document available. Apache SOAP 2.2oes not contain any support for WSDL.

</quote>

Apache AXIS, also known as Apache SOAP 3.0, supported generating WSDL files.

We have just tested and VS can add web reference using a local WSDL file.

BTW,Wsdl.exe accepts the path to the wsdl file to generate a proxy.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7h3ystb6(VS.80).aspx

If you have further questions,let me know.

Best Regards,


Hy!

Thanks for your answer. I solve it strange way: I put the wsdl file to my localhost, so i can add it to my web reference list. It did not work, but i could build my project.


Hi,

I told you in my last reply:

We have just tested and VS can add web reference using a local WSDL file.

So that is the answer:)

Happy coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment