Monday, March 26, 2012

Access Method

Hello,

I am defining and adding a AutoCompleteExtender to a page at runtime but I am getting an error when defining:

MyAutoComplete.ServiceMethod ="GetCompletionList"

The "GetCompletionList" is a method inside the AutoComplete.asmx file.

What do I need to do so it become available?

Thanks,

Miguel

Miguel,

Where does the ASMX file reside? Do you have it referenced in your script manager section?

Please post your code. It should help narrow down the issue.

Tim


Hello,

I just added the asmx file using the VS menu so the .asmx file was placed on the root of my web site and the correspondent .vb file was placed in App_Code.

Is this what I should do?

Then I also added the following code line on MyPage.vb Init event:

MyScriptManager.Services.Add(New ServiceReference("AutoComplete.asmx"))

Thanks,

Miguel


Hi Miguel,

You need to specify the service path as well.

MyAutoComplete.ServicePath="AutoCompleteExtender.asmx" 

No comments:

Post a Comment