Saturday, March 24, 2012

Accents with ASP.NET AJAX

Hi Everybody, I'm starting study ASP.Net AJAX, and i have a problem!

I create an application with DataBase and GridView, and accents in mine language is not functioning! (portuguese-Brazil) !!!!

What do i must do?

Sorry, I'm Brasilian, My english isn't good!!!

hello.

well, you should take a look at the globalization element:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hy4kkhe0.aspx


I tried this, but it does not function exactly, places invalid characters!!!

Tanks

(Portugues)

Eu ja tentei isso, mais ainda n?o funciona! Ele coloca caracteres invalidos!!!

Obrigado


Hi,

In the gridview, there's a property calledHtmlEncode which allows me todisplay the text as I whished, even if the thare accents (I'm doing it with french), and also I have declared in my globalization enviroment the french (<globalizationrequestEncoding="utf-8"responseEncoding="utf-8"culture="fr-FR"/>)... I suppose that should be enough...

I once had a similar issue during display of some text from the database and I was able to solved with the statement:

Server.HtmlDecode(MyString)

No comments:

Post a Comment