Sunday, March 11, 2012

404 - ScriptResource.axd? Where is it?

Please see if following links are help full

http://www.worldofasp.net/AJAX/re-1923_Demystifying-%E2%80%98Sys-is-undefined.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1583736.aspx


HI Swell,

Can you past some of your code here. then we can take a look at it. Thanks!

PS: i suppose that your non working AJAX site must become a working AJAx siteSmile

Regards,


Please see this link also.Refer "Bad IIS Setup" part in the blog.

http://www.rosshawkins.net/rfh/articles/webresource.axd.html


Hi! Thanks so much for replying.

First, Dennis, I have copied the SampleWebSite directory from the Toolkit to my Web Server, and when I go to any of the pages with controls I still get the 404 from the request. This leads me to believe it is not a web.config related problem.

Second,anishdevasia, I have set enableCompression="false", I think I have a Web application rather than just a virtual directory but i'm not sure (It has an icon that looks like a globe coming out of a box (IIS 5 btw)) and I have run "aspnet_regiis -i -enable" from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727. The second link you provided was too complicated for me : (

I also checked and I do have the correct mapping for .axd files and "verify file exists" is indeed deselected.

Any other ideas? It must be IIS right because I am using the sample we site...


Do you have Visual Web Developer Express Edition or Visual Studio2005 ? Then you can use the development server provided within that andsee if the site is working.


Yep I have loaded the SampleWebSite and our actual site that I want to deploy in Visual Studio 2005 on my development machine and they both run fine through localhost.
While checking with fiddler are you getting same error forWebResource.axd which is there with usual asp.net 2.0 pages.(if youcreated simple aspx form then at least one call to WebResource.axd willbe made).Then we can rule out the assumption regarding .axd extetnsion.

Nope that one is fine... we must be getting close right?

WebResource.axd?d=Qqed81aNx6h85Ex91MKz1A2&t=632876586359375000 Status: 200 Response Size: 2,048


Can you paste the code you are using on the page.Is this 404 error happens for all ScriptResource.axd file.
Its all at http://www.e-timesheetz.com/SampleWebSite/ , does it give you an error as well?

I have tried that url and me too getting same 404.

Have tried to run the same on your Dev Machine IIS(not vs2005 dev web server)?


Yes I can run through a localhost set up in IIS, they both appear to have the same settings

Have you installed ASP.NET AJAX v1.0 on ther server?If not install the same.

Then check following assemblies are present in GAC

System.Web.Extenstions

System.Web.Extensions.Design


I could only repair the ASP.NET AJAX v1.0 installation as it was already installed

System.Web.Extenstions and System.Web.Extensions.Design are both listed if i do gacutil /l

I note that in my web.config I have System.Design commented out as I read that it caussed conflicts, should I remove it from the GAC as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment