Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Small Conceptual Problem

Hi all

I am planning to make a website in the new AJAX ASP. One of my main design goals is that everything should be under one single page i.e even new pages appear in the same window without refreshing the page.

e.g. There is a link on default.aspx called Page2 which redirects it to Page2.aspx. There is also a master page which is connected to both these pages

now i want that when Page2 is clicked, without refrshing the whole page Page2.aspx appears in the place where the contents of default.aspx were, the master page remaining there all the time.

I am not able to figure out how to do this.. Plzz someone give me directions

Thanx

Hi,

I think it would not work out. Because, you are trying to access totally different page. :(

But to have some try and some hacks, try to put your ContentPlaceHolder control inside the UpdatePanel. :)

This might show you AJAX like feel.

Wot says? Let me know, if you get the results as expected.

Mayur Tendulkar

Microsoft Student Partner

No comments:

Post a Comment