Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A question for all - popup extender and popup control extender

I have three questions for the great participants of this forum who are regulalry helping people with their knowledge - Knowledge sharing is always great.

Anyways my questions are

1. What is the difference between popup extender and popup control extender?

2. Why I am unable to attach a popup control extender with a link button. Infact I do not want to return the value into a text box, rather I want to show the calender control when link button is clicked. Then on the selection changed event of the calendar, I will set a public property with the returned value, that will be assigned to another text box. But I get error.

3. where I can find detail documentation/book/link on ajax tool kit, with example and explaining different properties.

Three times thanks

Hi Akber,

1. The PopupControlExtender actually builds on top of the PopupExtender (if you look in the JavaScript code, you'll see it creates one). The PopupExtender is a simple utility to display one element as a popup of another. The PopupControlExtender adds additional features so the result of whatever happens in the popup can be passed to the control it was attached to (for example, if you have a textbox which pops up a calendar, you'll want to fill the textbox with the selected date when the popup closes).

2. Is your LinkButton causing a postback before the popup is displayed? What's the error message you're getting? I'd try adding an OnClientClick="return false;" to the LinkButton and see if that helps.

3. The best place to look is thewebsite and theToolkit source itself.

Thanks,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment