Saturday, March 24, 2012

A simple AJAX problem

I have had a ASP.NET page. Now I want to experiemt with the AJAX function. So first I drop aScriptManager and then aUpdatePanel onto the .aspx. After that, I further drag a label(Label1) and a button inside it and in a additon, I also drag a label(Label2) outside the UpdatePanel.

Inside the page_load event handler is:

Label1.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString();
Label2.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString();

However, when I click the button, two labels are updated as if a normal postback. In other words, the partial-update does not work.

What details do I miss so that the partial-update function do not work properly?

Thanks in advance.

Ricky.

Try this way..

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
<div>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>

//Place the Label within the Update panel Content template
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Style="position: relative" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
</ContentTemplate>

//Add the trigger attribute and add as shown

<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID ="Button1" EventName ="Click" />
</Triggers>
</asp:UpdatePanel>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click" Style="left: 128px;
position: relative; top: 48px" Text="Button" /></div>
</form>

Thats all.

Any questions still, let me know

Sri


Hi, sridhar. After copying the web.config from an "ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Web site" to my website. Everything got all right.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Ricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment