Sunday, March 11, 2012

1and1 hosting dont support AJAX

1and1 does not have ASP.NET AJAX installed.

The company i'm with is GoDaddy, they have it installed.

If you do sign up with GoDaddy, try to google around for discount code. =)

They always have discount. Cheer.


GoDaddy has it installed now? That's a welcome change...
GoDaddy installed it one month after Ajax was released.

WishStar99:

1and1 does not have ASP.NET AJAX installed.

The company i'm with is GoDaddy, they have it installed.

If you do sign up with GoDaddy, try to google around for discount code. =)

They always have discount. Cheer.

Have you used both 1and1 and GoDaddy? If so, how would you say they compare, especially in performance and support? I am looking to switch from 1and1 after also having just learned they do not support ASP.NET AJAX, and do not intend to do so.

What a shame about 1and1! I think Microsoft should get on touch with them, as they are holding a huge number of ASP.NET sites back with this policy. For those interested, here is what 1and1 told me this week:

"Unfortunately, Ajax 1.0 would not be able to be configured on our system. We would not support the framework. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

And after I inquired about their future plans:

"At the moment there are no plans to implement support for Ajax."

Ugh. Anyhow, any impressions of hosting companies that do support ASP.NET AJAX would be very helpful. Also, rants about 1and1 are not needed. :)


"they do not support ASP.NET AJAX, and do not intend to do so."

That's funny because I understand that AJAX is to be BUILT IN to the .NET framework for V3.


abdomen:

I was with 1and1 a long time ago, the time when there's a no ATLAS (Ajax). I recently moved to Godaddy (1.5 years ago). I like the price that they have at Godaddy. Every windows plan you order will come with one or more SQL accounts. At 1and1, you need to go with the $19.99 plan to be able to have the SQL.

I do not know how many people are using AJAX and have 1and1 as their provider. If people keep bugging them with emails, eventually they will get that framework install. It happened with Godaddy too. When Ajax was released, many developers + myself kept emailing and phoning Godaddy supports. Finally, they installed it for us.

Godaddy supports are great. I like where I am right now ... =) ...... don't forget the discount code if you order from them ...........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful information, I find your content to be unique and genuine. Keep sharing article and this will help many in getting the best Top web hosting companies

Post a Comment